What is the PTO?
The objectives of the Greens Prairie Elementary Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) are to help create and provide an environment for the enjoyment of learning, an enthusiasm for fun of learning, and the highest and utmost advantageous standards available to help achieve the highest potential in the education process.
The PTO is a Non Profit Organization. The PTO has a minimal operational budget. The money that is raised through the PTO is used to benefit our children.
Below is a partial list of the items purchased and supported in previous years with PTO donations and fundraising proceeds.
What Does PTO Fund?
- 25 Ukuleles for music
- Hobby Lobby supply cards for art
- Bulletin Board die cuts—such as numbers & continents
- 3 smartboards for the 4th, 3rd, and 2nd grade pods
- Sound systems for each grade level pod
- A parent lunch area with tables and benches
- Wireless headsets for the smartboards in kindergarten and first grades
What Fundraisers Does the PTO Do?
- Frosty’s Snow Bash
- Mustang Market
- Annual Spring Rodeo Fundraiser
- Book Fair (All money raised through the book fair is used for books and resources for our school library).
- Spirit Nights
- Box Tops
Staff: One of our favorite ways to help our GPE staff is to provide grant money. If you would like to apply for a grant please fill out the following form and email it to Donna Barrington for approval. If you have any questions, please contact Hanna Page at email@example.com for more information about the Greens Prairie PTO Grant program.
Questions? Contact Hanna Page, PTO President at firstname.lastname@example.org