The PTO funds technology, programs, materials, and activities that enhance our students' educational experience. By financially supporting our teachers and staff, the PTO insures that our teachers have the necessary tools to create the most effective and engaging learning environments for each and every student at Greens Prairie. We are lucky to have a wonderful faculty that believes our kids deserve an education that is more than academics, one that encourages them to be confident leaders and innovators among their peers. And they have so much fun too!!
What does PTO hope to fund during this first year at Greens Prairie?
- Supplemental technology such as classroom sets of iPads to provide more students with access to technology
- Teacher grants that enable teachers to provide interactive classroom experiences
- Hands-on tools used to explore and learn in science, history, and math
- Additions to our new school library and grade level literacy libraries to provide on-level reading material for every student
- Field trips and guest speakers that allow our students' learning to reach beyond the walls of our school
- Staff appreciation and support to the educators that serve our children
Our goal is to work alongside the faculty and teachers to provide whatever tools they require for the creative, empowering, exceptional education that Greens Prairie is known for.
How does PTO raise funds?
Teachers, families, and local businesses work together to accomplish these goals by:
- Participating in Frosty's Snowbash
- Participating in the Mustang Rodeo
- Amazon Smiles
- Eating out on Spirit Nights or Days
- Buying Spirit Gear
- Donating online or sponsoring school shirts
- Saving and bringing in Box Tops for Education
Thanks for all you do to make our school great!